2012 Hell Tour Facts & Figures
– 29 events in 32 days throughout the Midwest.
– A total of 5,123 miles from track-to-track over the duration of the tour. Average overnight trip each night is 183 miles, 3 hrs.
– Covering 8 states from Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, Ohio, Tennessee, & Wisconsin.
– 27th consecutive year of the Summer Nationals
– A Dirt Late Model is a full-bodied, purpose-built race car with an average engine size from 400-430 cubic inches, producing over 800 horsepower. The cars weigh in around 2,300 pounds and run off gasoline.
– Events will be conducted under 2012 DIRTcar General Rules and Specifications Rulebook.
– Winner’s total purse = $200,000 ($175,000 for first place and $25,000 for points champion)
– NEW for 2012: More contingency sponsors awarding cash for decal placements. More than $30,000 will be awarded.
– Launched the careers of Dirt Late Model greats Scott Bloomquist, Billy Moyer, Bob Pierce, Don O’neal, Shannon Babb.
– Drivers Tony Stewart, Mike Wallace, Donnie Moran, Darrell Lanigan, Jimmy Owens, Steve Francis and Tim McCreadie have all won Summer Nationals Hell Tour races.